- Windows and Mac Cross-Platform
- Java based web browser application. In case, no registration required to create screencast.
- Easy to use interface
- Webcam Recording
- Medium video quality(But remember, it is free)
- Upload your videos to YouTube directly
- Simple editing tools on Pro account; paid version
- Lack of features compare to other freeware; It has only start, pause, stop and re-record.
- No multi-monitor support
- Poor sound quality
- Free licensing saves/manages only one video; it forces you to buy Pro account to create longer videos and use editing tools.
- Program is shut down after one task is completed.
- Watermark in the recording
- Old fashioned user interface
- Max. 15 minutes of recording time
- Unremovable mouse pointer effect
- Bad customer service; It does not record the online training lessons. I have emailed the customer service team. They replied one time, but after that i have not received any replies even though i am a Pro account user(paid version).
- VERY Expensive: Pro account cost at $15 per year. Most of users think it is inexpensive. But be wary of yearly payment. Other software cost around $30 and it is onetime payment.
Screencast-O-Matic is a light and easy to use screen recorder. You’ll immediate create a screencast and upload video to YouTube directly. However, after you complete the task, the program shuts down every time and leads you to buy Pro account. It cost $15 PER YEAR. But I highly recommend you to consider other freeware or buy other sharewares which have more features and costs around $30 with onetime payment. It would be a more reasonable choice for saving money.